Monday, September 14, 2015

It's been awhile

Whoa! It has been awhile since you have heard from me. To say life has been busy is an understatement!  Since I have blogged last, I have had an adorable son. Little Will was welcomed into the world in February. It has been great to relax and enjoy my two children!  Gwen loves being a big sister.  

Family wasn't the only big change. After 12 year of teaching, I have taken a position as an instructional coach in my district. Hence the name change of my blog. (Oh my twitter changed as well. You can find me @JennyLehtosky.) I wanted to make sure it was clear that I would be sharing on a variety of topics, not just science, although it is still a passion!

This also seems like a perfect time for some reflection. To learn and grow, you have to think about where you have come.  

I can’t believe how fast 12 years of teaching went. 12 years!  After that long, I am comfortable to say that I can consider myself am expert at my job.  I may not know everything, but you better believe I will find out if I don’t.  I’ve worked very hard and that is paying off. I am ecstatic about my new opportunity, but of course if comes with anxiety.

Being the newbie reminds me of becoming a parent two years ago. This sweet little girl made me a mom.  



Talk about a humbling experience.  After having a successful 10 year career, I was pretty confident in pretty much anything.  But, becoming a parent you realize quickly what you don’t know. It really sends you back to the first year of your career.  Questioning yourself, making mistakes and overreacting, just like a first year teacher.  But we seem to have the parenting thing down, most days, and went ahead and welcomed number two. 



Now I find myself in a new role and the newbie feelings start flooding back. Will I cut it?  Will I keep up with the ever changing technology? Um, where is the bathroom in this building? 


I have to say, I think we were doing a pretty good job with these too cuties, so I think my next newbie roll will be successful! Look out, there’s a new iCoach to assist you! I'm excited to learn, grow, and share my experiences. 

No comments: